Community Choice: Vote for your favorite Packs through August 17th in the voting doc.
The Coda Packathon is a six-week, virtual hackathon for makers to build innovative Packs—and submit them for a chance to win $20,000 in prizes.
Coda is the all-in-one doc that brings words, data, and teams together. Coda comes with a set of building blocksーlike pages for infinite depth, tables that talk to each other, and buttons that take action inside or outside your docーso anyone can make a doc as powerful as an app.
WHAT ARE PACKS?
Packs take the core building blocks of Coda—like tables, formulas, and buttons—and let you re-write the rules, so you can customize how your doc looks, works, and integrates. You might connect the apps you use every day, create custom formulas to simplify complex calculations, or even start your business with a Coda Pack.
Here’s a glimpse into what we’ve seen:
- Gumroad Pack: Manage and analyze your Gumroad subscriptions and product sales.
- Mermaid Pack: Create beautiful flowcharts and complex diagrams using text.
- Strava Pack: Track and analyze your Strava activities over time.
Looking for more? Get inspired in the Coda Gallery. Or get started building, all you need is a Coda account, which you can create for free on our signup page.
THE CHALLENGE :
The challenge is simple. We’re calling all makers—no matter your skill level—to create Packs that transform what’s possible in your doc. Submit your Pack and a Coda doc that demonstrates how it works. Our panel of judges will review your submission for the chance to win $20,000 in cash prizes. Packs will be judged based on their potential impact to Coda makers and team, the experience of your Pack, and how well the Pack is demo’d in a Coda doc.
As a bonus, if you submit one of the first 100 eligible entries you'll get a limited-edition Packathon mug and laptop sticker.
Check out the Resources tab to get started!
WHAT TO BUILD :
Build a Pack for Coda. Coda is a new type of doc for teams, and Packs are extensions to these docs. For example, Packs can:
- Integrate with other services, to pull in data or take actions. For example, the Slack Pack.
- Add new features or capabilities to Coda. For example, the Barcode Pack.
WHAT TO SUBMIT :
- A link to a Coda doc, with the Pack installed, that demonstrates how the Pack can be used. The doc must be shared with the settings “Anyone with the link” = “Can view”.
- Include a video (about 3 minutes) that demonstrates your submission. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Loom and made public.
- Provide a URL to your code repository for judging and testing. If you developed your Pack in the online Pack Studio, share a link to a GitHub Gist containing your code.
$20,000 in prizes
Best demo doc
A custom Coda Packathon mug and laptop sticker for the first 100 eligible submissions.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Co-founder, CEO at Coda
Head of Product & Design at Coda
Head of Engineering at Coda
Program Manager of Product Innovation at Netlfix
Senior Operations Analyst at Qualtrics
Portfolio Lead at Zip Co.
Principal Product Manager at Brex
Engineering Manager at Descript
How useful would the Pack be to Coda makers and teams? How many new scenarios does it unlock in Coda?
Design and Features
Is the user experience and design of the project well thought out? Have you taken advantage of relevant features of the platform to make your Pack more useful? How well have you adhered to our best practices?
Caliber of Demonstration
How well do you demonstrate the value of the Pack? Is the demo doc well designed and visually interesting?
Quality of the Idea
How creative and unique is the project?